CEMAT - Center for Computational and Stochastic Mathematics
Call for a Postdoctoral position in Applied Mathematics
The Center for Computational and Stochastic Mathematics
(CEMAT-IST/ULisboa) invites applications for a postdoctoral position in Mathematics, namely on research areas of Applied and Numerical Analysis or Mathematical Modeling in Biomedicine.
Applicants must hold a PhD in Mathematics or in another field with a strong component in Applied Mathematics or Numerical Analysis to work in specific topics relevant to CEMAT research interests. The PhD should not have been obtained before November 2017.
The position is available for one year, starting January 2021, with the possibility of extension for one more year, subject to approval. The salary is 1616 €/month (tax free).
No teaching duties are associated with this position.
Applicants should submit all required documents electronically to
before November 23, 2020 (Reference: BL104/2020_IST-ID)
Job reference at Eracareers
- i) Form "Formulário B1 – Candidatura a Bolsa de Investigação" available at
- ii) Curriculum Vitae of the candidate;
- iii) Certificates of the academic degrees obtained, with the final average grade;
- iv) A motivation letter and, at least, two researchers's full contact information to whom reference letters can be request;
- v) Declaration of honor:
"Declaro sob compromisso de honra que, com a celebração deste contrato, não excedo um período acumulado de três anos nessa condição, seguidos ou interpolados, no sistema científico e tecnológico, e que os trabalhos de investigação que conduziram à atribuição do grau de doutor foram desenvolvidos numa entidade de acolhimento distinta da entidade onde vão ser desenvolvidos os trabalhos de investigação da bolsa."
- Which translates to: "I declare under my honor that, with the conclusion of this contract, I will not exceed an accumulated period of three years in this condition, whether consecutive or interpolated, in the scientific and technological system; and that the research work that led to the doctoral degree was developed in a host entity different from the entity where the research work of the scholarship will be carried out."
(in Portuguese): UIDP/04621/2020 - (BL104/2020_IST-ID)